Did you know that most flowers and plants at your local garden shop have been contaminated by bee killing neonics?
Most garden shops and nursuries treat their plants with a form of systemic herbicide or pesticide that stays with the plants for up to 4 years.
You cannot wash this chemical off.
When a bee, lady bug, dragonfly or other native pollinator visits the plant in your yard, you are damaging their ability to remember how to get back home.
Some times killing them out right.
Use organic or natural plants, seeds and flowers only!
Search for local organic, heirloom and bee safe plants, seeds and flowers.
BeeHabitat.com is putting together a world wide list of garden shops that label bee safe and/or sell bee friendly plants and garden supplies.
Please contact us to bee added to the free list.
1. Plant NEONIC Free plants only.
2. Never use Round Up or any other pollinator killing chemical in your yard.
3. Call your local garden shops and ask that they label Bee Safe plants.
4. Share this information with everyone you can.
5. Organize a local BeeHabitat zone. We would love to help.
6. Hold a Save the Bees party at your house!
7. Read a childrens book at a local libary educating our young (and their parents) about the plight of the bee.