Help Us Grow Organic, Bee Friendly Flowers for our climate!
Help Bee Habitat create a city wide corridor of organically grown flowers, trees and plants that build the health of our sweet little bees, butterflies and other beneficial insects. Read bee friendly tips below and we would love your help. Call Sandy at 775 453 6120.
- Bee-come a Foster Parent to some beautiful organically grown bee food:
- Verify that your plants are indeed growing without the use of embedded pesticides.
- Help you learn how to verify your compost, soil, fertilizers, seeds and plants are indeed bee friendly.
- Grow a beautiful Habitat Hospital, of native and zone friendly plants that will help heal our native pollinators.
- Have your questions answered by local organic horticulturists, hobby gardeners and landscape designers who are committed to organic and healthy solutions.
2. Bee-come a sponsor of a healthy ecosystem:
- Donate used plant containers, pots and garden tools.
- Share or donate used garden tools like shovels, spades, water hoses and the like.
- Donate certified organic plants and seeds.
View bee friendly plants for our climate in Northern Nevada here. Remember, to buy only certified organic seeds and plants to save the bees!
3. Bee-come a voice of reason:
- Start a Bee Phone Tree by calling all of your friends and family and educate them on how most plants and seeds are already treated with long lasting bee killing pesticides. Have them call all of their friends and family and share this critically important information. When you know better, you do better.
- Host a Bee Friendly party at your home. Educate your friends and family, share organic seeds, starts and plants. Enjoy healthy organic food and drink.
- Plant an organic, bee friendly native habitat at a local park.
- Start a Bee Calling effort. Call local garden shops and ask to speak with the manager. Ask them to carry more certified organic plants, seeds, soil and compost. Having certified organic products helps keep them honest.