So what is the big deal about what Energy Transfer Partners and their fearless leader taking a big dump on Native Americans and millions of other Americans south of Nebraska? #NoDAPL
Awaken With JP has the best video I have found online that explains the plight of the Standing Rock Tribe in terms everyone can relate to.
We Shall Live Again – You Don’t Stand a Chance Against My Love, You Don’t Stand a Chance Against My Prayers. Robbie Robertson https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zATr-uqRAW8
JOSHUA BARAJAS with PBS news has a more go for the throat, style of journalistic truth seeking, that melts my heart. Make sure to stick around to the good part where PBS squares up with the CEO of Energy Transfer Partners, Kelcy Warren on some public facts about his costly failures.
ABC News Channel 5 Has done an excellent job and listing out all the rational reasons why Energy Transfer Partners and their investors, of who include our president, Donald Trump, can NOT be trusted with our nations water supply.
“The records show the company has lost at least 18,845 barrels of crude oil through pipeline spills across the country since 2005.
And since 2010, the government has fined the company and its subsidiaries more than $22 million for environmental and other violations.
“Do accidents happen? Yes. What do we do when accidents happen? We fix them,” North Dakota Petroleum Council President Ron Ness said.
Energy Transfer Partners turned down our request for an interview.” source: http://kstp.com/news/oil-and-water-dakota-access-pipeline-north-dakota-energy-transfer-partners-standing-rock-sioux-reservation/4319858/
Law enforcement officials deployed water hoses in freezing temperatures Sunday against hundreds of protesters decrying the construction of the Dakota Access oil pipeline.
Video of the clash between police and unarmed protesters at Backwater Bridge, not far from the Standing Rock encampments, emerged on social media Sunday evening.
Activists can be heard on several Facebook Live videos shouting “No DAPL!” (Dakota Access pipeline) as law enforcement appeared to use water cannons, tear gas and sound weapons against the people amassed on the bridge.
In its initial statement, Morton County Sheriff’s Department said its officers responded to an “ongoing riot,” involving an estimated 400 protesters who had attempted to remove a burned truck that has been used to partially form a barricade on the bridge. The truck, along with the rest of the barricade, has been there for weeks.
Donna Hushka, a spokeswoman for the sheriff’s department, confirmed to journalist Jenni Monet that law enforcement had used water as “crowd control” against the protesters, who had also started multiple fires around the barricade. Fire trucks at the scene doused those fires and the land around them to prevent them from spreading, she wrote.
Jade Begay, a spokeswoman for the Indigenous Environmental Network, told The Guardian that two bonfires were lit by activists for warmth and cooking, but that any others were started by weapons from law enforcement.
Begay told The Guardian that more than 160 people were injured and another seven activists were transported to a local hospital.
The Indigenous Environmental Network’s Dallas Goldtooth said the water cannons were an “excessive and potentially deadly use of force.”
“Because of the police enforced road block, ambulances now have an extra 30 minutes to get to the hospital,” he wrote in a statement.
When images from the incident started to appear online, critics, including the Standing Rock Medic and Healer Council, called for law enforcement to stop using the water cannons against the protesters in temperatures reaching the low 20’s.
“As medical professionals, we are concerned for the real risk of loss of life due to severe hypothermia under these conditions,” the council said in a post on Facebook.
At least one person was arrested, the Associated Press reported.
As protests against the pipeline continue across the country, the protesters who prefer to be called “water protectors” mobilized near the Missouri River have been bracing for a North Dakota winter.
Opponents to the pipeline, including the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe, have said the project threatens the reservation’s main water supply and cultural artifacts of the land. The company building the pipeline, Energy Transfer Partners, has said those claims are baseless.
The Dakota Access pipeline is nearly complete, except for one parcel of land owned by the federal government. Energy Transfer needs a final permit to tunnel beneath Lake Oahe on the Missouri River in rural North Dakota.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, the owners of that land, announced last week that it was delaying construction of the 1,170-mile pipeline until further analysis. The agency said it also welcomed inputfrom the tribe.
In response, Energy Transfer, said the Corps’ decision was “unjust,” adding the the ongoing ordeal over the pipeline’s construction was a “sham process” that send a “frightening message about the rule of law.”
Energy Transfer CEO Kelcy Warren told the NewsHour that the company was building the pipeline “to have minimal impact to all people concerned, and with great input from our government,” adding the “likelihood of a spill into Lake Oahe is just extremely remote.”
The struggle over the Dakota Access Pipeline has intensified, as more protesters have joined the standoff and the company building the pipeline filed suit to get its last permit issued. Kelcy Warren, CEO of Energy Transfer Partners, joins William Brangham to defend the project and insist it’s going forward.
From Heyoka Rising
Just in, press release issued via Jack “Sauron” Dalrymple Black Snake Lord Governor:
Executive Disorder 1964-08
WHEREAS, Mordor, oops– Morton County is currently experiencing severe winter weather storm conditions, and it is anticipated harsh winter conditions will continue until next spring as it has for time immemorial at this latitude; and
WHEREAS, winter conditions have the potential to endanger human life, especially when they are exposed to these conditions soaked in water from water cannons, while dodging rubber bullets, in a deep fog of tear gas and dodging concussion grenades; and
WHEREAS, large populations of Sioux and their allies have chosen to camp at Oceti Sakowin on treaty lands as their ancestors have done for thousands of years, in semi permanent structures, like Tipis, which have not been inspected and approved by Mordor Country as proper dwellings suitable for winter habitations; and
WHEREAS, the aforementioned areas of Oceti Sakowin are not zoned for proper dwellings like the Man Camps in the Bakken Oil Fields; and
WHEREAS, the United States Army Corps of Engineers has ordered the aforementioned area of Sioux Treaty Land to be the unceded lands of great Sioux nation according to the Treaties of Ft. Laramie of 1851 and 1868. The Army Corps respects the Great Sioux Nation’s wishes and has asked DAPL to vacate the sacred grounds due to public safety concerns related to DAPL’s inability to guarantee that a pipeline won’t break, ruining the water for the 17 million people that live downstream and that they will not disturb sacred burial ground risking the spiritual fury of disturbed ancestors; and
WHEREAS, it is the responsibility of the state to assist oil companies and their cronies that their financial investment in DAPL at the expense of it’s citizens and visitors. The Water Protectors are creating hardships for investors and the state will issue orders to block public roads, withhold emergency vehicles (after hosing off water protectors in freezing temperatures) and any order in the best interest of private oil interests; and
NOW, THEREFORE, I, Jack “Sauron” Dalrymple, Governor of the State of North Dakota, order mandatory evacuation of my bowels on to Treaty Rights, the Constitution, Civil Liberties, Democracy, the city’s coffers, the Missouri River, and on any semblance of human dignity and rule of law. This evacuation will shall remain until I’m removed from office, Treaty Rights are honored, the Black Snake is destroyed, and the Sheriff is arrested for civil rights violation and war crimes.
All persons in the press, including CNN, ABC, PBS, NBC and FOX shall NOT mentioning the stench that I’m making.
Any action or inaction taken by any party which encourages persons to enter, reenter, or remain in the evacuation area will be subject to strip search, asked to squat and cough in front of opposite gender officers, and placed in a dog kennel as defined by my Orc Sheriff Kirchmeier.
I direct state agencies, emergency officials and nongovernmental organizations to stay away out of my evacuations because I love my children and only I know what’s good for them.
Any person who chooses to enter, reenter, or stay in the evacuation does so at their own risk, and assumes any and all corresponding liabilities for their unlawful presence and occupation of the evacuation areas.
This order is issued pursuant the following authority and for the following reasons:
– The Governor is vested in his stocks at ETP (DAPL).
– The governor is vested with assault and battery on Water Protectors.
– The governor is vested in keeping the Great Sioux Nation as wards of the state vs. treating them like a sovereign state.
– A coordinated and effective effort for all state departments is required to keep the pipeline on schedule for completion. Failure to do so by Jan 1, 2017 will be a disaster and create a personal financial emergency for the governor.
This order is effective immediately, and it shall remain in effect until rescinded.
Executed at Bismarck, North Dakota, this 28th day of November, 2016
— Jack “Sauron” Dalrymple
Black Snake Lord Governor
(downloadable pdf here)
The US Government just released this advert about the Dakota Access Pipeline and it’s surprisingly honest and informative.
* 10 WAYS YOU CAN HELP THE STANDING ROCK SIOUX FIGHT THE DAKOTA ACCESS PIPELINE: http://thefreethoughtproject.com/10-protest-dakota-access-…/
1. If you have money in any of these 17 banks, divest now! Close your account today and tell them why you are doing it: http://www.commondreams.org/…/how-contact-17-banks-funding-…
2. Call the White House at (202) 456-1111 or (202) 456-1414. Tell President Obama to rescind the Army Corps of Engineers’ Permit for the Dakota Access Pipeline.
3. Sign the petition to the White House to Stop DAPL: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/…/stop-construction-dakota….
4. Call North Dakota Governor Jack Dalrymple at 701-328-2200
5. Contribute to the Standing Rock Sioux at http://standingrock.org/…/standing-rock-sioux-tribe–dakot…/
6. Donate items from the Sacred Stone Camp Supply List: http://sacredstonecamp.org/supply-list/
7. Donate the following items to the Red Warrior Camp https://www.amazon.com/…/wishl…/21W6BM0GB2OFB/ref=cm_sw_su_w
8. Contribute to the Red Warrior Camp Winternizing Fund: https://www.gofundme.com/redwarriorcamp or their Legal Fund: https://www.generosity.com/…/red-warrior-camp-legal-fund-no… + more ways to support Red Warrior Camp: https://www.facebook.com/RedWarriorCamp/about/…
9. Contribute to the Sacred Stone Camp Legal Defense Fund: https://fundrazr.com/d19fAf and/or their gofundme account: https://www.gofundme.com/sacredstonecamp
10. Like and follow these Pages to stay up to date with latest all the latest info and be prepared to raise awareness across all social media: Sacred Stone Camp | Red Warrior Camp | Standing Rock Sioux Tribe | Brenda Norrell at Censored News | Unicorn Riot | West Coast Women Warriors Media Cooperative | Shailene Woodley
– Written & created by Giordano – with ace input from Adso, Jake and Lucy.
– Performed by Matylda. Voice by Lucy.
– Thanks to Benna, Lucy, Jillian, Franklin and Emily for valuable feedback.
– Excerpts of footage gratefully borrowed from the following videos:
— Unicorn Riot: https://vimeo.com/182875115
— DemocracyNow!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VADcWANqBp8
— TeleSur: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB-rJH6_OB8
— Dr0ne2bwild Photography & Video: https://www.facebook.com/drone2bwild
– French by Julie Chatagnon
– Spanish by Vitama
– Hebrew by Jonathan B
– Dutch by Jonas Maebe
– Portuguese by Vitor
– Serbian by Tamara
– German by Slnthomme
– Norwegian by Øystein Kolstad
– Italian by Paola Rosà
* SUPPORT the Juice Media on Patreon to keep us going! https://www.patreon.com/TheJuiceMedia